PAGES

Friday, March 22, 2013

WHEN I COLLAPSE

what is this that burns?
i touch it, my hand turns to porcelain 
the glass reflects a new face
where to? why must i -where? where God?
faintly, a whisper, but i cannot hear: not yet, there is too much noise now.
i am Rome, i am Eden. fallen, lost.
the song swells between the crevice:
--Mmmhush, hush: take my hand, I want to show you something, something here, here, 
Be here, be still. 
I want to show you, I want you to hear.
but!--but! i cannot see! i cannot hear! i have nothing to offer... i lift the shards, the broken pieces: begging Him to see how broken they are; how broken i am.
--No, no you are wrong, my daughter
you cannot hear, you cannot see, but you can be
Be here, with Me, my beloved daughter, trust Me. 
Let Me be your eyes, let Me be your heart... let Me.
but!--but! i am weary! i am faint! i cannot stand... i cannot... 
--O, beloved
you are weary, you are faint, come


follow Me

No comments:

Post a Comment