PAGES

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

WHOM HAVE I IN HEAVEN BUT YOU?

"Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength
of my heart and my portion forever. 
For behold, those who are far from you shall perish; you put an end to everyone who is unfaithful to you. But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works."

In France, this was the song I sang in the earliest hours of the morning, when the tears poured out. It was the song I sang when I escaped to the stars, the stars that looked like the dusty kiss of soul some people carry in their eyes. I sang it to myself when my lungs were filled with fire and I ran up the winding mountain road. It was the song I sang when I stood beneath the wolf moon at the painted cliff surrounded by His majesty. It was my song when I followed the moss river until I collapsed, surrendering to His will. 

I listened to this today. Piper speaks a chilling truth. A truth that I can vouch for. 

Listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTc_FoELt8s

No comments:

Post a Comment