PAGES

Saturday, June 15, 2013

LIVE A STORY


Last night, I picked up some favorite people from the airport. With overjoyed souls, windows down, the folksongs warm and loud, and the golden sunlight peeking from deep hues of blue, we absorbed the Minnesota that we love. I almost didn't see the 'No Trespassing' sign that read 'Danger: Mining Site.' Thank God I did, almost parked there. 
We made our way passed Three Silos to the Mississippi River. The water was numbing, but that didn't stop us from swimming across. My cell phone is now in a zip-loc filled with brown rice; somebody forgot to take it out of her back pocket first.
Goosebump riddled, we sat on the rocks, watching the clouds imitate cream, picking at crumbling limestone and telling stories. Time was soft.
We followed the train, and stopped by Culvers on the way home. My older brother is a manager there and gave me a complimentary mini mixer. A new flavor of the day apparently; pickles. But actually, after you worked through the gagging reflexes, it wasn't half so bad. It was definitely thoughtful of me to leave it on his pillow in case he wanted a snack after his late shift. 
Woke up early after falling asleep laughing (a welcome change) to have breakfast picnicking on a dewy hilltop. We read from Isaiah... that book, my goodness!
This rainy afternoon, after making $32 from things I dislike in our garage sale, I listened to six bagpipers play in an echoing cavern of a fire department. When they played 'Amazing Grace', I almost painted my face blue and ran off with Scottish patriots. My younger brother was among the bagpipers. I'm a proud sister. 

Now to start a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment