PAGES

Thursday, August 8, 2013

ET LES FOULES S'EFFACENT

My guitar is becoming a familiar voice. I sat tracing her strings and we sang with the birds. The sun was a beautiful giant behind and also reflected on the water, dancing between the woods and sky. A grandma with her two grandkids came to feed the ducklings, their curiosity made me laugh, so I wrote a song for them and the little girl waved goodbye to me when they walked away. The sun tracing their silhouettes with light was angelic, so I took a photo. I waded into the algae and let the swampy mud wrap around my toes and ankles, the mosquitoes were hungry, but it was worth it. The Civil Wars put out another album this week. A few of the songs breathe into me so far that I can feel a pain, as if in my marrow, released. I am inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment